Deciding to share life with dogs is quite a challenge. Unfortunately, the life expectancy of dogs that give unconditional love, smile at every shared moment and literally turn into companions is not as long as imagined. In general, the lifespan of dogs varies between 8-13 years. However, of course, it is also known that there are many different factors that affect this discourse. The breed of dogs, the diseases they are racially predisposed to, the environment they live in, regular visits to the veterinarian, whether they eat a healthy and balanced diet, whether their care routines are interrupted and the risky conditions they are exposed to have a decisive effect on the life span of our dear friends. Therefore “how many years does a dog live?” It will not be easy to answer the question; Only generalizations can be made. In this article, we will share statistical data about breed dog lifespan.
- What is the Lifespan of Breed Dogs?
- How Many Years Do Golden Dogs Live?
- How Many Years Does a Kangal Dog Live?
- How Long Does a Terrier Live?
- How Many Years Do Cockers Live?
- How Many Years Do Pomerians Live?
- How Many Years Do Chihuahua Dogs Live?
- How Many Years Do Boxer Dogs Live?
- How to Extend the Lifespan of Dogs?
What is the Lifespan of Breed Dogs?
As we just mentioned, the lifespan of dogs can be affected by many different variables. A little later, we will report the average life span of some dog breeds, but we would like to remind you that these times can be improved and the moments shared with them can be increased.
How Many Years Do Golden Dogs Live?
Known for establishing very warm relationships with children, strangers and even other pets, Golden Retrievers can live 10-12 years. It should be known that factors such as how much exercise they exercise and how well-balanced they eat affect the life span of Goldens, who steal hearts with their sympathetic state and magnificent beauty, as well as their genetic characteristics.
How Many Years Does a Kangal Dog Live?
The life expectancy of Kangal dogs, which are indispensable in Anatolian lands, varies between 12 and 15 years, although they are large breeds. The life expectancy of this breed, which is known worldwide for its shepherding abilities, imposing appearance and loyalty to its owners, has a positive effect on regular veterinary checks.
How Long Does a Terrier Live?
When you think of terriers, many different breeds come to mind. Therefore, the answer to this question can vary considerably. If we need to talk about the average life span of Jack Russell Terrier dogs, it is possible to convey information that the life expectancy of Jack Russell Terrier dogs is 13 – 16 years, Bull Terriers 8 – 15 years, Yorkshire Terrier dogs 12 – 16 years, and Cairn Terrier dogs 10 – 14 years.
How Many Years Do Cockers Live?
The English Cocker Spaniel is a breed that is very fond of adventure, constantly attracts attention with its cute features and can not stand still with its advanced hunting instincts. Exercise is critically important for this breed, which is said to have an average life expectancy of 12 – 15 years, to live a longer and healthier life.
How Many Years Do Pomerians Live?
In general, small breed dogs live longer than large breed dogs. Although the main reason for this situation is not yet known, there is a consensus that the genetic diseases of large breed dogs and the use of their bodies more have a limiting effect on their lifespan. Pomerians are a breed that has become increasingly popular in our country in recent years and has managed to attract attention with their very long life span. Statistics show that the lifespan of Pomerian dogs is 14 – 16 years.
How Many Years Do Chihuahua Dogs Live?
Chihuahua dogs are known for their longevity, with their small size, big eyes and loving nature, which causes a warm smile to everyone who sees them. It is said that the average life expectancy of this breed, which can be quite stubborn, varies between 15-20 years.
How Many Years Do Boxer Dogs Live?
After starting to live with Boxers, it’s easy to realize how meaningless the previous life was! Boxers, who are very loyal, very affectionate, very naive, very playful, very spoiled, very serious, very protective and at the same time very loving, unfortunately have a very short lifespan. These beauties, who live 8-12 years on average, have many genetic diseases.
How to Extend the Lifespan of Dogs?
There is no single method to prolong the life of dogs. However, it is possible for us to share various tips to help them live healthier, happier and longer lives.
1. One of the most important requirements for living with your dear friend for a longer time is to ensure that he/she is at a healthy weight. We recommend that you remember this fact when you turn your eyes, which look at you with sadness, expectation and a thousand and one emotions, and ask for food. Giving him too much treats, wet food or dry food can increase his risk of obesity. Just like in humans and cats, obesity can cause dogs to suffer from heart and kidney disease, high blood pressure and diabetes. In order to prevent health problems that may arise due to excess weight, dogs should be fed specific to their age, weight and breed.
2. Exercising on a daily basis is an important requirement for the protection of their health. Since the need for exercise may vary from dog to dog, age and general health, you can get information from veterinarians about how long and at what pace your dog may need exercise during the day. By keeping it active, you can strengthen the immune system, exercise the mind, improve joint health and prevent excess weight gain.
3. You can keep your friends’ minds busy with exercises. Speaking of the mind, you should also know that the gray matter in their brains should be kept active for their health. Dogs are intelligent animals and love to solve puzzles. You can help him not get bored and stay healthy by using intelligence-enhancing toys. You can access the intelligence-enhancing toys for dogs by clicking here, and you can make the right choice for your friend by reading the product descriptions.
4. Oral and dental health is of great importance when it comes to dog health. You should get them used to brushing their teeth from the puppyhood period. You can prevent possible tooth loss and gum disease by brushing your teeth 1-2 times a week. Thus, you can offer a solution to your friend’s ability to chew food thoroughly and to the problem of loss of appetite and not being able to eat enough. You should not forget to have dental cleaning and oral health checked by veterinarians at regular intervals.
5. Even if your friend has no obvious symptoms, you should not neglect your regular veterinary check-ups. With regular examination, it is possible to detect serious health problems early, apply the right treatment and eliminate them from being a problem. For some diseases, this is of extra importance. Because sometimes the late diagnosis can narrow down the treatment options or render them dysfunctional.
6. Dogs and cats are very sensitive to the fumes of tobacco and tobacco products, just like humans. Exposure to cigarette smoke can cause serious respiratory system diseases and the formation of some types of cancer. For this reason, you should take care not to smoke in the indoor environment where you live with dogs and not to leave the full ashtray in the middle.
7. After the basic vaccinations in puppies, dogs are creatures that are constantly taken out. Therefore, any vaccinations, especially internal and external parasite drugs, should not be delayed. When their bodies become vulnerable, exposure to dangerous diseases can become inevitable.
8. Dogs should not be walked off-leash or left alone outside. There are many different reasons for this proposed attitude. Dogs may not be as social as it is thought and can get involved in fights, chase their hunting instincts and get lost, if they are not used to it, they can get into traffic and cause accidents and get hurt. All these reasons require caution, as they can shorten the life span of our friends.
9. Neutering is of great importance for the health of dogs. Neutering, which increases the risk of developing cancer types that threaten the reproductive health of both female and male dogs, also reduces their aggressiveness. It also reduces the chances of escaping and facing various sexually transmitted diseases. For this reason, dogs should be neutered at the right time with the recommendation of veterinarians.
The bottom line is “how many years do dogs live?” It is not possible to give a definite answer to the question. However, the life span of dogs can be extended with enough attention and proper care; which is very valuable as it will mean countless memories to share with them.